Research in the Pipeline 2014:
• In Vitro evaluation of modern desensitizing methods/products in Dentistry. Paedo dept and Dr Moodley, 3 articles envisioned
• Comparison of bite mark patterns of young adult patients who have completed orthodontic treatment. (Dr Mohamed and Prof Phillips)
Student Clinician Programme (Aug 2014): B5 Students Van Zyl and Rossouw to present a poster (Supervised by Dr Mulder)
• To present 20 June 2014: In Vitro and In Vivo Evaluation of Titanium Tetra Fluoride as a replacement for fissure sealants. (Dr Mulder, Dr Noordien, Paedo Department), 2 articles envisaged.
• Article written, being moderated by Prof Grobler: In Vitro comparative study to evaluate the absorbency of traditional cotton rolls to super absorbent isolation rolls. (DrMulder and Prof Grobler)- 1 article
• In Vivo evaluation of Cariogram caries assessment, a pilot study. (Dr Mulder, Paedo department). To be presented at IADR 2015. 1 poster or 1 abstract
• In Vitro study to determine clinically orientated techniques to increase surface hardness of Glass ionomer restorative cements. To be presented at IADR 2015. (Dr Mulder, Paedo department)--1 poster or 1 abstract.
• Comparison of various types of mouth guards. (Dr Mohamed, Prof Grobler, Paedo department)