Navigate Up
Sign In

 Outstanding Matters

What will happen if I have ​any outstanding fees, fines, interest or dues?

  • When communicating with the University in any way please use your student number as reference in the communication with the University.
  • Do not rely on a bursar, sponsor or employer to make last minute payments on your behalf, as this credit may not reflect on your fee account in time for graduation.
  • The Examination and Graduation staff in the Department of Student Administration is responsible for the graduation arrangements of all students. Should you have any general enquiries about the graduation, please contact the UWC Contact Centre at +27 21 959 3900/01/02 or email

Loan Items

  • In order to graduate, you must ensure that you have returned all library items still on loan.  

What happen​ds if I have outstanding matters with the University? 

  • If you have a disciplinary case pending, an unpaid fine and/or community service yet to be performed, you may not be allowed to graduate.
  • All disciplinary issues and queries should be directed to the Proctors Office.
  • Also inform  Student Administration whether your name should be added to a graduation list.​ 


Related Links

UWC Supports Sustainability
© 2013 UWC | Disclaimer | Sign-in

Contact Centre

University of the Western Cape,
Robert Sobukwe Road,
Bellville, 7535,
Republic of South Africa | +27 21 959 2911