Navigate Up
Sign In

 Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Admission Requirements of the University?

When does the application period end?

  • APPLICATIONS CLOSE on the 30th of September of each year​​​​
  • APPLICATIONS FOR BACHELOR OF DENTAL SURGERY (BDS)  CLOSE on the 31st of August of each year

Academic Transcripts

  • What is an Academic Transcript? 
   An Academic Transcript is an official copy of the results. An original copy will be sent to students once per

  • ​How do I get an Academic Transcript?
​   Academic transcripts can be obtained from the Student Administration Helpdesk in the banking hall in the 
   Administration Building.

How do I inform the University if my personal details have changed?

  • ​By clicking on Student Access current students are able to log in and change their personal information, e.g. address, telephone numbers or email address or they can visit the Student Administration Helpdesk who will assist in updating the student record.
  • If you are changing information like a name or surname in case of marriage, please visit the Student Administration Helpdesk with your ID document and marriage certificate.

What to do if I have lost my student card?

  • ​If you lose your student card you need to pay a fee of R130 at the cashiers office and present your proof of payment to the Student Administration Helpdesk where a new one will be printed for you.

Why are my results withheld?

  • ​If a student has any outstanding balance on his / student account, his/her results will be withheld until the outstanding amount has been paid.




Related Links

UWC Supports Sustainability
© 2013 UWC | Disclaimer | Sign-in

Contact Centre

University of the Western Cape,
Robert Sobukwe Road,
Bellville, 7535,
Republic of South Africa | +27 21 959 2911