Infrastructure and Engineering
About Infrastructure and EngineeringInfrastructure and Engineering provides and maintains the general physical infrastructure and associated services as needed by the university to deliver on its mandate, with focus on efficiency, economy and sustainability.
- Buildings, related infrastructure and equipment
- Security related infrastructure and facilities
- Refurbishment and upgrades of buildings
- Development of new buildings and facilities
- Soft Services - hygiene and pest control services and maintenance
- Gardens and grounds development and maintenance
DirectorMr Jairaj Ramchander is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP®), with more than 30 years of experience in the built environment sector. He is also an accredited facilities professional with the South African Facilities Management Association.
Before joining UWC, he was the CEO of Thembelani Facilities Consultants and was responsible for outsourced facilities management services at the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
Deputy DirectorNikki Jinka