Office for Student Development
Goals of the Office for Student DevelopmentTo build and maintain vibrant student development programmes responsive to Graduate Attributes and meaningfully integrated with the University’s Institutional Operational Plan. The Key Performance Areas are Careers Service, Student Orientation Programme and Graduate Competency Development Programme.
CAREERS SERVICETo facilitate interactive career networking opportunities for students, faculty and prospective employers so as to prepare students for their entry into the world of work and thus increase their motivation to successfully complete their studies.
STUDENT ORIENTATION PROGRAMME
- Facilitate the induction, transition, and adjustment of new first-year undergraduate students to the campus environment and university life.
- Enable supportive social network formation.
- Foster a sense of the academic demands of their first year of studies to help set a foundation for retention strategies.
- Ensure that first-year students have a good sense of supportive resources and services on campus.
Click here to view:
- UWC Lecture Hall Map
- UWC Support Services Map
- Campus Tour Video
- iKamva Student Orientation Programme page (For registered First Year Students to find videos and resources from their Academic and Support Service departments).
- Tips To Survive Virtual Teaching and Learning: Student Voice
GRADUATE COMPETENCY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMEThe Office for Student Development provides administrative and logistical support to the Graduate Competency Development Programme (GCDP). The Manager of OSD is a member of the GCDP Core Team in order to:
- Recruit and select suitable candidates.
- Plan and facilitate the induction and orientation of the GCDP interns.
- Provide a structured platform for supervision ensuring that interns gain opportunities to apply their knowledge and skills learned in the classroom within the Student Development and Support (SDS) divisions.
- Arrange relevant training opportunities.
- Collaborate with SDS Managers to ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of GCDP.
- Annual Report - 2017
- Annual Report - 2018
- Annual Report - 2019
- Annual Report - 2020
- Annual Report - 2021
PEOPLE AND CONTACT US
Office for Student DevelopmentEmail: email@example.com Tel: 021 959 2436 Fax: 021 959 3946
Location: First Floor, Student Centre