Office for Student Development
Goals of the Office for Student DevelopmentTo build and maintain vibrant student development programmes responsive to Graduate Attributes and meaningfully integrated with the University’s Institutional Operational Plan. The Key Performance Areas are Careers Service, Student Orientation Programme, Student Development Projects and SRC Election.
View a message from OSD Careers Service here
Remember to view with your @myuwc.ac.za
CAREERS SERVICETo facilitate interactive career networking opportunities for students, faculty and prospective employers so as to prepare students for their entry into the world of work and thus increase their motivation to successfully complete their studies.
STUDENT ORIENTATION PROGRAMME
- Facilitate the induction, transition, and adjustment of new first-year undergraduate students to the campus environment and university life.
- Enable supportive social network formation.
- Foster a sense of the academic demands of their first year of studies to help set a foundation for retention strategies.
- Ensure that first-year students have a good sense of supportive resources and services on campus.
Click to download:
STUDENT DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- Support and promote student needs, constructive interests and learning outcomes.
- To facilitate and initiate personal growth and development initiatives.
- Examples of these projects are the business challenges and case studies.
STUDENT GOVERNANCESupport and facilitate effective student governance and elections, and the inauguration and induction of the SRC members.
Click to download:
- SRC Constitution
- SRC Election Regulations
- Click here to Watch: How to complete the Nomination Form for Candidates
- Annual Report - 2015
- Annual Report - 2016
- Annual Report - 2017
- Annual Report - 2018
- Annual Report - 2019
PEOPLE AND CONTACT US
Office for Student DevelopmentEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 021 959 2436 Fax: 021 959 3946
Location: First Floor, Student Centre