Welcome to UWC SportThe University of the Western Cape has modern facilities for all health related services which promotes a well-rounded state of well-being. The facilities are available for both staff and students and include:
- two swimming pools
- tartan athletics track
- multiple fields
- a sports hall, and
- a new gym which opened at the end of May 2016
Our core functional areas include the:
- Management of an effective governance system;
- Development and attraction of applicable talent and development of leadership and human resource capabilities to deliver operational effectiveness;
- Administration and support of both recreation and competitive sport development;
- Provision of support services;
- Support to deliver the achievement of top class sport facilities and management thereof; and;
- Promotion of the sport brand; and
- Collaboration with other departments, institutions, provincial and national sport organisations in the use of facilities, the training of coaches and referees and the presentation of camps and courses.
Blue and Gold magazineBlue and Gold is a periodical magazine highlighting UWC Sport's activities and includes news, updates and profiles.
The issues since it launched in 2018 are archived below...