The Graduate Competency Development Programme (GCDP) has been introduced and this new initiative aims to:
- Provide a structured platform for UWC graduates to gain practical work experience and foster their employability skills;
- Provide graduates with opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom in a real workplace context, thereby placing them at a competitive advantage;
- Expose graduates to learning about organisational or workplace culture and fit, and developing networking skills;
- Enhance their ability to reflect on their value add to an organisation; and,
- Support graduates in their ability to transition between the world of study and the world of work.
- Part of the work study efforts is to grow our own timber by advertising the GCDP positions to UWC graduates
- 15 Successful candidates to be placed in various SDS departments in 2021 as part of the pilot.
- Formal training and onboarding will be facilitated with support from HR
The changes require the adoption of a development framework that should ensure the selected students are well trained, that their performance is monitored and the progress analysed from evaluation reports.