The goal of the UWC Contact Centre is to be recognised as the enquiry management benchmark for higher education institutions in South Africa. We strive to offer the UWC community a professional and student-centred, efficient service through a centralised point of contact, where skilled and knowledgeable contact centre agents aim to provide improved efficiency by sharing information in a timeous and accurate manner.
In particular the UWC Contact Centre aims to:
- Assist and support the continued improvement of the student academic administration experience.
- Offer a formal referral service to UWC specialists for the 20% of enquiries that cannot be answered immediately.
- Provide multichannel support to the UWC community (via telephone, electronic, online forms and social media) and
- Strive towards first contact resolution.
Aims and objectives:
- To improve the image of the University of the Western Cape.
- Reduce duplication through a centralised workforce.
- Free up resources.
- Provide the correct information at the right time, the first time.
- Reduce the handling time of enquiries, and
- To work smarter.