All our programmes offer rigorous academic standards comparable with similar programmes at other universities, yet are found to be the most reasonably priced course fees throughout South Africa.
Our undergraduate programme will equip you with the fundamental tools of how to make sense of the world around you, understand the behaviour of economic agents, and equip you with the language of economics.
Postgraduate studies are designed for specialisation and strengthening the research capacity of our students.
Studying here will help prepare you for a wide range of career opportunities in government, in business or in the financial services sector.
Do you want to STAND OUT?Differentiate yourself from fellow graduates by majoring in economics. Graduates who major in economics will typically be on a track to work in one of the following fields:
- Government services (Treasury, Reserve Bank, Trade and Industry)
- Parastatals (Eskom, Telkom, Yskor, etc.)
- Large multinational corporations
- Commercial and Investment banks
- Insurance companies
- Asset management companies (investment analyst)
- Think tanks and research organisations
- International organisations
- Teacher or lecturer (academic)