Admission Support Services
Go to student.uwc.ac.za to view your APPLICATION STATUS, ACCEPT AN OFFER or REGISTER
1. Go to student.uwc.ac.za and click on the APPLICATION STATUS button.
2. Enter your SA ID or Passport Number and your UWC Application Number, then click submit. You will then be able to view the programmes you have applied for and the current status.
Statuses are updated automatically and instantaneously as decisions are made. You will also be notified via email should your status change.
If your status states FINAL DECISION, it means you have met the minimum requirements for study but have not yet been selected. Your application is under consideration and a decision will be made based on the competition for space by 5 March 2020 (if you have not been made an offer by then or your status on the portal has not changed, it means that your application most likely have been unsuccessful)..
If your status is PENDING or AWAITING FINAL DECISION or AWAITING DECISION, this means your application is still under consideration and no decision has been made as yet, should this change you will notified via email and the status updated automatically.
1. Go to student.uwc.ac.za and click on the STUDY OFFER button.
2. Enter your SA ID or Passport Number and your UWC Application Number, then click submit.
3. You will then be able to ACCEPT or DECLINE the offer.
Once your selection is confirmed you will receive a confirmation email with further information related to registration.
Offers are not transferable.
1. Contact the Central Application Clearing House (CACH) via a standard SMS by sending/texting your full name (first name and surname) and ID number to 31629 or sign-up online at cach.dhet.gov.za. You can also find out more on their Facebook page which is CACH_SA.
For admission to degree and diploma programmes UWC uses a weighted system for calculating points. In order to be admitted to degree studies the candidate should have attained a minimum number of points. Please refer to each faculty’s admission requirements, available here, to determine the number of points required for the desired programme.
In addition to point score requirements mentioned above, specific programme admission requirements are also listed. These additional criteria must be met to qualify for admission to particular study programmes.
Note: The table below indicates how points are allocated.
|NSC LEVELS||UWC POINTS|
|Level||Percentage||Points for English||Points for Maths or Maths lit||Points for Life Orientation||Points for each other subject|
|less than 20%||0||0||0||0|
CONTACT CENTRECall us on: +27 21 959 3900/01
Email us at: email@example.com
Live Chat at: Click here