UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN CAPE: ADMISSIONS POLICY
- Applicants must be 23 years or older of age. This age requirement is proposed on the assumption that an appropriate level of maturity and relevant experience, skills or learning could be gained at 23 years of age.
- Additionally, specific subject requirements for entry into each degree programme will apply for all RPL applications. These subject requirements are stipulated in the prospectus/ handbook for each Faculty. See the Faculty of your interest
Are you able to answer the following questions?
- Do you have a Matric Certificate or a National Senior Certificate? Which year did you obtain?
- If yes, please attach a copy of your certificate and IDENTITY Document to your application form
- If you do NOT have a matric certificate / NSC, please state highest standard/grade passed at school and your last year at school
- Do you have computer literacy skills?
- Are you 23 years or older? Do you have any formal, informal or non-formal learning?
- Are you interested in the TAP or Portfolio programme route?
- Are you aware of the costs and payment deadline dates for TAP and Portfolio programme?
- 1. RPL challenge exams
- 2. University L&T induction
- 3. Survival tool kit for students
- 4. Portfolio development
- 5. Academic writing
- 6. Embedding UWC graduate attributes and lifelong learning
The Portfolio Development Course takes place during April to October each year. Each PDP candidate/participant will be required to attend compulsory webinars/workshops and mentoring sessions prior to the submission of finalized portfolios. The cost for the PDP/PDOP is R1450.00. This amount MUST BE PAID before the programme starts. The academic calendar for this programme is subject to change due to unforeseen factors that may impact traditional Teaching and Learning programmes within higher education
Tests for Access and Placement (TAP) Test Dates
- September: UWC Reading and writing proficiency test
- October/November: NBT test
- October: Life sciences challenge exam
- November: Physical science (Physics-Chemistry) challenge exam
- The Siyavula website https://www.siyavula.com/read
- The National Benchmark Tests website www.nbt.ac.za and this document
- The Purple Pepper Mathematics http://www.purplepeppermaths.co.za/
- Grade 12 Math’s lessons http://learn.mindset.co.za/xtra/lessons/grade12/Mathematics
- Sign up and learn with school yourself.org https://schoolyourself.org/