About UWC Sport
VISIONTo become leaders in student development through sport.
MISSIONOur mission is:
- To bring students together, and to coordinate their sport experience supporting their
- holistic development.
- To implement a system for the improvement of sport performance standards.
- To make a meaningful contribution towards the strategic priorities of the University.
VALUESOur values are:
Excellence: To provide quality services, resources and standards at all levels.
Athlete Focus: To ensure that our Athlete Support Programme supports holistic
Ethics: Underpinned by the Code of Conduct of the University and ensuring fair play, respect
of the rules and participation free of drugs and illegal substances.
Transparency: To be open, honest and accountable in all undertakings.
Respect: To build a culture of team spirit, sharing and commitment.
Professionalism: Being proactive, and creative in finding new solutions. Carry out duties
with responsibility, diligence, commitment and passion.
KEY OBJECTIVESAcademic objectives contributing towards:
- Holistic student development - out of classroom/co-curricular activities
- An integrated campus community - building social cohesion.
- Supporting the University’s mission as an engaged institution.
- Meeting the attrition / academic excellence requirements.
- Building the University’s profile.
- Establish and maintain partnerships to facilitate a shared-resource philosophy.
- Building Alumni Relations.