10 Positions to Tutor in the Module EDC 101Requirements:
- Applicants must be working towards a postgraduate degree in the Faculty of Education.
- Submitted record of studies must reflect an above 65% achievement (most recent results should accompany your application)
- Teaching experience will be advantageous
- Have proven communication skills, with sensitivity to the languages of learning at UWC
- Be a Positive role model
- Be familiar with the academic programmes of the university and/or the faculty.
- Be familiar with the Student Support Services.
- Show an awareness of Teaching and Learning policies at the university
- Be able to contribute towards student learning and academic development
- Show an awareness of appropriate pedagogical practices
- Be able to manage diversity at an institution of Higher Education
The roles and responsibilities of the successful candidates will include:
- Dealing with small (less than 30) groups of students
- Undergo a training programme before they commence duties.
- Attend lectures of the module that they tutor.
- Attend meetings with tutor co-ordinator as well as respective lecturers.
- Facilitate tutorial sessions.
- Monitor students’ attendance and performance and identify students at risk of failing.
- Assess students’ work and give feedback, consult with students and do intervention.
- Regular student consultation
- Administrative tasks (Compile reports on attendance, student marks and student progress)
Term report: areas of concern as well as positives
Please send your application (CV, short letter and supporting documents, e.g. copy of ID, results, letter of recommendation) to Mr Ruben Daniels: email@example.com OR drop applications at Room E21 (Tutors’ Room in the Education building). Closing date: Friday, 20 January 2017 @ 16h00