TUTORIAL POSITIONS (2017)
10 positions to tutor in the module EDC 111 (Literacy and Numeracy)
- Applicants must be a Senior Bachelor of Education student (3rd or 4th Year).
- Submitted record of studies must reflect:
- An overall pass of 65%
- At least a 70% and higher score for EDC 111 in their first year.
- Candidate must show an interest in academia and have sound communication skills
The Tutor Must:
- Be familiar with the academic programmes of the university and/or the faculty.
- Be familiar with the Student Support Services.
- Show an awareness of Teaching and Learning policies at the university
- Be able to contribute towards student learning and academic development
- Show an awareness of appropriate pedagogical practices
- Be able to manage diversity at an Institution of Higher Education.
The Roles and Responsibilities of the Successful Candidates will Include:
- Dealing with small (less than 30) groups of students.
- Undergo a training programme before they commence duties.
- Attend lectures of the module that they tutor.
- Attend meetings with tutor co-ordinator as well as respective lecturers.
- Facilitate tutorial sessions.
- Monitor students’ attendance and performance and identify students at risk of failing.
- Assess students’ work and give feedback, consult with students and do intervention.
- Regular student consultation.
- Administrative tasks (Compile reports on attendance, student marks and student progress)
- Term report: areas of concern as well as positives.
- Please send your application (CV, short letter and supporting documents, e.g. copy of ID, results, letter of recommendation ) to Mr Ruben Daniels: firstname.lastname@example.org OR drop applications at Room E21 (Tutors’ Room in the Education building). Closing date: Friday 20 January 2017 @ 16h00