TUTORIAL POSITIONS (2017)
Positions to Tutor in the Module ELD 111 - 7 Positions to Tutor in the Module ELD 211
- Candidate must be in possession of a postgraduate degree
- Students having scored 70% and above for Linguistics will be considered to tutor the module ELD 111/211
- The student’s record must reflect an above 60%-65% achievement (most recent results should accompany your application).
- Have proven communication skills, with sensitivity to the languages of learning at UWC.
- Be a positive role model.
The Tutor Must:
- Be familiar with the academic programmes of the university and/or the faculty.
- Be familiar with the Student Support Services.
- Have a sound understanding of Teaching and Learning policies at the university
- Be able to facilitate learning and academic development
- Have a sound pedagogical understanding
- Be able to understand and manage issues of cultural differences.
The roles and responsibilities of the successful candidates will include:
- Dealing with small (less than 30) groups of students
- Undergo a training programme before they commence duties.
- Attend lectures of the module that they tutor.
- Attend meetings with tutor co-ordinator as well as respective lecturers.
- Facilitate tutorial sessions.
- Monitor students’ attendance and performance and identify students at risk of failing.
- Assess students’ work and give feedback, consult with students and do intervention.
- Regular student consultation
- Administrative tasks (Compile reports on attendance, student marks and student progress)
Term Report: Areas of concern as well as positives
Please send your application (CV, short letter and supporting documents, e.g. copy of ID, results, letter of recommendation) to Mr Ruben Daniels :email@example.com OR hand deliver to Room E21 (Tutors’ room in the Education building). Closing date: Friday, 20 January 2017@ 16h00