4 Positions to Tutor in the Module MAE111
Applicants must be a Senior Bachelor of Education student (3rd or 4th Year) OR working towards a post graduate in the Education Faculty
Submitted record of studies must reflect:
- An overall pass of 65%
- At least a 70% and higher score for MAE111 in their first year.
- Candidate must show an interest in academia and have sound communication skills,
The tutor must:
- Be familiar with the academic programmes of the university and/or the faculty.
- Be familiar with the Student Support Services.
- Show an awareness of Teaching and Learning policies at the university
- Be able to contribute towards student learning and academic development
- Show an awareness of appropriate pedagogical practices
- Be able to manage diversity at an Institution of Higher Education.
The roles and responsibilities of the successful candidates will include:
- Dealing with small (+/- 40) groups of students.
- Undergo a training programme before they commence duties.
- Attend lectures of the module that they tutor.
- Attend meetings with tutor co-ordinator as well as respective lecturers.
- Facilitate tutorial sessions.
- Monitor students’ attendance and performance.
- Consult with lecturer re students work and give feedback and possible intervention.
- Regular consultation with lecturer.
Please send your application (CV, short letter and supporting documents, e.g. copy of ID, results, letter of recommendation) to Mr Ruben Daniels: firstname.lastname@example.org OR drop applications at Room E21 (Tutors’ Room in the Education building). Closing date: Friday 27 January 2017 @ 16h00