(Published - 11 February 2020}
NEW FUNDED STUDENT APPEALS
This process should be followed by applicants who applied during the NSFAS 2020 application cycle that closed on November 30,2019 and their application was unsuccessful.
New students whose applications for 2020 NSFAS funding were unsuccessful need to submit their appeals directly to NSFAS online through the myNSFAS portal using the following process:
1. Log into your ‘myNSFAS’ account on www.nsfas.org.za
2. Click the ‘Track Funding Progress’ tab
3. Check the application progress tabs
4. If your application status reflects an unsuccessful message, you may submit an appeal by clicking on the ‘Submit Appeal Tab’
5. Once you are on the ‘Application Appeal’ page, you can see the reason for your unsuccessful application status
6. You are then able to motivate in writing the reasons for appealing your application status
7. Your motivation must not exceed 1000 characters (words including spaces)
8. Then upload certified supporting documents to support your motivation. You may submit up to 5 documents.
9. Then click ‘Submit Appeal ‘
10. You may now track the progress of the appeal on your myNSFAS account
CONTINUING(SENIOR) STUDENT APPEALS
Continuing students must submit their fully completed NSFAS appeal forms with relevant supporting documents to the Financial Aid Office by no later than February 28,2020.
Please note that submission of the appeal form does not guarantee approval of funding.
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED