CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR ROBBEN ISLAND MUSEUM (RIM) BURSARIES 2018
Robben Island (RI) is described as the “University of Life” for it is here where strategies for a future society based on tolerance; respect and non-racialism were nurtured and implemented by political prisoners. The emphasis on education, debate and lifelong learning is testimony to the fight for justice. Applications for RIM bursaries are now open to South African graduates and under graduates.
Conditions of bursary:
1. The bursary is open to South African graduates and under graduates who have applied independently to a South African University for the 2018 academic year.
2. The bursary is open to successful applicants who are registered to study accredited courses related to Museums and Heritage studies, Social Science, History or Oral History and Heritage.
3. The bursary is limited to R30,000, per successful applicant, to partially cover tuition fees.
4. Successful applicants will be required to do an Internship and Research programme at RIM Public Heritage Education Department (RIM PHED).
5. Successful applicants will be required to participate and offer assistance in various RIM programmes.
To apply you need to complete and submit the following documentation:
1. Write a motivation letter, stating why you should be considered for the Robben Island Museum Bursary.
2. Your curriculum vitae (Which must include all your contact details, as well as the names and contact details of your referees. Please attach certified copies of tertiary level qualifications obtained).
3. Proof of registration, in one of the courses mentioned in 2 under the conditions of the bursary, at a university for the 2018 academic year.
Please submit documentation to:
Ms Vanessa Mitchell
Public Heritage Education Department
Robben Island Museum
27 21 4134200/4095100
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 31 January 2018