NEW SCHOLARSHIP OFFERS:
Postdoctoral Fellowships in Germany and in Sub-Saharan Africa
Staff Exchange Fellowships in Sub-Saharan Africa
1. Postdoctoral Fellowships in GermanyThe purpose of the postdoctoral fellowship programme is to provide opportunities to DAAD alumni of the In-Country/In-Region programme to conduct, under the guidance of their host institutions, cooperative research at a German university or other research institutions. The programme is designed to augment opportunities for postdoctoral researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- have to be Alumni of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) within the In-Region/In-Country Scholarship Programme for Sub-Saharan Africa.
- must have completed their PhD degree not more than six years ago.
- must hold an academic position at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- have to be invited by a German host institution (please note: DAAD does not find or introduce host institutions.)
- have to be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
2. Staff Exchange Fellowships in Sub-Saharan-AfricaThe purpose of the fellowship programme for staff exchange is to promote inter-university cooperation through academic mobility and to enhance the quality of teaching and research at Sub-Saharan African universities.
Applicants need to:
- have completed their PhD degree.
- be (senior) staff at a Sub-Saharan African university.
- be invited by a Sub-Saharan African host university.
- be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- be granted leave of absence by their home institution for the purpose of teaching at the host institution.
3. Postdoctoral Fellowships in Sub-Saharan Africa:The purpose of the postdoctoral fellowship programme is to provide opportunities to former DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Holders from Sub-Saharan Africa to undertake research during the tenure of the award. This also includes former scholarship holders that have been funded under cooperation projects with German universities (e.g. from the DAAD Centres of African Excellence). The programme is designed to support postdoctoral training.
- preferably have to be former DAAD Scholarship Holders from Sub-Saharan Africa within the In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme or from cooperation projects with German universities.
- have completed their PhD degree generally not more than six years ago.
- must be current or prospective teaching or research staff at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- must be invited by a Sub-Saharan African host institution (see “Place of tenure”, please note: DAAD does not find or introduce host institutions.)
- must be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- preferably come from other countries than the country where the programme takes place.
Applicants will be required to:
Register and apply online via the DAAD-Portal, click HERE.
For technical questions regarding the DAAD-Portal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find all details regarding the selection process in the respective calls at the DAAD scholarship database: