As part of the Henriette Herz Award of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation the Zukunftskolleg will offer up to four Herz Fellowships. To actively identify the best candidates from all disciplines, all professors of the University of Konstanz, prospective Humboldt Scouts, Konstanz alumni ambassadors as well as strategic partners in Africa, Asia and Latin America are encouraged to make suggestions to the Zukunftskolleg’s Internal Liaison Board (ILB). The ILB will be entitled to nominate candidates.
Requirements for nominated candidates:
- Herz Fellows were born AND work in a country in Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- They hold a doctorate (max. 2 years of postdoctoral experience) OR are a doctoral student in their last year.
- Herz Fellows do not hold a permanent professorship, nor have a habilitation or equivalent qualification.
- Their research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- Their academic education was completed at a university in Latin America, Asia or Africa (preferable).
- During the on-campus research stay, a stipend of € 1,200/month for doctoral students and €2,000/month for postdoctoral researchers.
- Standard expenses for one economy-class trip to Konstanz and back.
- The chance to participate in events organized by the Zukunftskolleg.
- Access to Career Kit Plus offers (via Academic Staff Development, Research Support, International Office, Equal Opportunities Office).
- Access to library resources and IT services.
- After the on-campus stay, the digital fellowship will be remunerated with €100/month.
Proposals should include a short nomination letter by the local host (max. 1 page).
And the application documents provided by the nominee and submitted by the local host (single PDF file) should include:
- A short description/ summary of the candidate’s current research project (max.3 pages incl. bibliography).
- A detailed work and time plan for the on-campus research stay (3 months - with justification for up to 4 months, start date between 1 September 2021 and 1 October 2021).
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae.
- Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR letter from their supervisor on the status of the thesis).
((0)7531 88–5686). All information also online.
We look forward to receiving your nomination proposals including all required documents until 29 March 2021
(15:00 CET). The ILB will be able to make up to 30 nomination from these proposals of which four candidates will be selected by the Executive Committee (EC) of the Zukunftskolleg at the end of April.
* Proposals from external researchers will need to link up with a local host (faculty member from one of the departments of the University of Konstanz who works in a similar research field) that can act as a mentor during the on-campus research stay. Please provide this information in the nomination letter.