(Published - 7 May 2020)
Following the University’s communication about making laptop devices available to students in need, please note for clarification:
- The device charge to the student account does not impact any existing NSFAS arrangement for the student. For example, allowances will not be affected by this transaction.
- The specifications of the device and accessories are as follows: Lenovo Ideapad / Laptop Bag / LTE Modem / 2-year Warranty Laptop Specs - Ideapad S145 / 15" / 4GB Ram / 500GB Hard Drive
- It's a one-package deal. That means a student who opts in for the deal cannot remove the cost of the LTE modem.
- The student is liable to pay for the device. The University is raising funds to assist some students with the payment for the device. This is a separate process and will be announced soon. NSFAS has not made funding available for the device.
- All queries about the devices are to be directed to the UWC contact centre on 021 959 3900.
Manie Regal (CA)(SA)
Executive Director: Finance and Services