(Published - 13 January 2020)
I would like to inform you about a new scholarship programme called “climate research Alumni and Postdocs in Africa - climapAfrica”. ClimapAfrica brings high-potential African researchers in climate change research and protection together with African alumni of German funding initiatives. It seeks to catalyse uptake and use of research outputs through a vibrant, highly connected network to facilitate the development of regional solutions.
The program’s second call for application has just started and ends on 16th of February 2020. We welcome you to submit an application if you meet the requirements via the DAAD scholarship websitewith the keyword “Climate research alumni and postdocs in Africa - CLAPafrica”.
For the postdoctoral fellowship, the following documents will be required:
· Curriculum Vitae (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
· List of publications
· Letter of invitation from the host institution in western-/southern Africa
· Research proposal
· Time schedule for the realization of the planned work
· Outline of ideas for setting up and operating a joint postdoc-alumni working group
· 2 recommendation letters by academic referees
· PhD certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate)
· Master’s certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate)
· Copy of passport
For more detailed information, please find the promotional flyers for postdocs and alumni attached or visit their website.
Please do not hesitate to contact the DAAD via firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any additional questions concerning the program or if you need further information.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
German Academic Exchange Service
Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD)
SM 3151, Third Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House
University of Witwatersrand
PO Box 269, Wits 2050, Johannesburg, South Africa
Tel: +27 (0)11 717 9334