'Food Politics and the Accessibility of Food'
Gender Equity Unit's Food Programme will be facilitating an Open Discussion regarding the Food Politics on campus and Accessibility of food by students.
Event: 'Food Politics and Accessibility of Food'
Date: 6 August 2013
Time: 13:00 - 14:30
Venue: D.L. 1
All are welcome to engage!
For more information, please contact the Gender Equity Unit:
Gender Equity Unit Food Programme’s (GEUFP) Open Discussion regarding the accessibility of food for students on campus
1. Opening , Welcoming and Overview of the Food Programme – Glenton Matthyse: Programme Leader of the GEUFP (13h00 to 13h15)
2. Speaker 1: Maria van Staden - Programme’s Coordinator at the GEU on ‘The position on the University’s Social Responsibility towards students in hunger alleviation’ (13h15 to 13h25)
3. Speaker 2: Mark Seale - Director of the Department Residential and Catering Services RCS’s position on ‘The University taking social responsibility in making food accessible for all students’ (13h25 to 13h35)
4. Speaker 3: Gretna Andipatin from the Department Residential and Catering Services and also representing ResLife on ‘ResLife’s involvement in making food accessible for students on campus’ (13h35 to 13h45)
5. Interaction from the floor (13h45 to 14h15)
6. Closing (14h15 to 14h20) – Robyn-lee Karating from the GEUFP