IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
As someone interested in higher education, you’ve no doubt heard about the recent announcement from President Jacob Zuma regarding fee-free higher education for new, first-year South African undergraduate students in 2018 from poor and working class families.
While the University of the Western Cape welcomes the initiative by the government to support the above category of students, South African universities remain fee-paying institutions for all other students.
So what does this mean for you?
- Frequently Asked Questions: Changes to DHET funding for poor and working class students in public higher education institutions.
- 2018 First Time Entrants – registering for the first time at UWC? This important information is for you. “UWC First Time Entrants”
- Current Students – returning in 2018 to continue with your studies? This important information is for you. “UWC Current Students”
- Have not applied to a University? This important information is for you. Click here: “Have not applied to a University”
- NSFAS BROCHURE: New Funding FAQs
Still have questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact the UWC Contact Centre on 021 959 3900/01/02.