- The student and lecturer - still requires a stable internet connection.
- To-date, only Telkom and MTN are zero-rated. Students will not be charged when they engage within the iKamva platform. However please note costs incurred for YouTube videos and other external content.
- Vodacom (tests to-date, 1 April 2020): A student/user would require data on their device in order to log-in; and interact within the iKamva platform.
- Downloading and uploading content; creating and completing assessment tasks; and participating in a discussion forum.
- The ICS Department will send out notification regarding Zero-rated policies and specific Service Providers (once they are able to confirm with Vodacom and Cell C).