NRF: iThemba LABS Bursary Opportunity 2017 / 2018
National Research Foundation
The National Research Foundation (NRF) supports and promotes research and human capital development through funding, the provision of National Research Facilities and science outreach platforms and programmes to the broader community in all fields of science and technology, including natural science, engineering, social science and humanities.
iThemba Laboratory for accelerator based sciences is a group of multidisciplinary research laboratories administered by the NRF. Based at two sites in the Western Cape and Gauteng, these facilities provide for:
- Basic and applied research using particle beams
- Particle radiotherapy for the treatment of cancer
- The supply of accelerator-produced radionuclides for medical and industrial applications
- Applicants must be on their second year level of study.
- Applicants must have attained a minimum of 60% pass in their first year.
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
Bursaries are available in the following disciplines:
- ND / BTech (Mechanical Engineering)
- ND / BTech (Electrical Engineering)
- BEng (Electrical and electronic)
- BEng (Mechanical)
- BEng (Mechatronics)
- BSc (Computer Science)
The Bursary entails:
- Full Tuition
How to Apply:
- To apply for this bursary, download the application form on the following website: http://tlabs.ac.za/.
- Send a completed application form with supporting documents to: email@example.com for attention Ms S Dunge.
Closing date for submission of applications: 31 December 2017.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.