Students will engage with multiple sources of knowledge in the area of interprofessional education that includes an understanding and application of the key terms, concepts, facts, principles, rules and theories related to the area of interprofessional education. You will be able to analyse and critically evaluate literature relevant to interprofessional education, acquire knowledge in the techniques, procedures, instrumentation and its applications in collaborative practice, identify and understand prescribed organisational and professional ethical codes of conduct.
Overview of the courseThe programme comprises four modules and the selection of one elective module.
- Interprofessional Education Theory, Models and Concepts
- Interprofessional Shared Decision-Making
- Leadership in Interprofessional Education
- Interprofessional Research Project
- Policy, Implementation and Evaluation in Sport and Development
- Leadership, Culture and Diversity
- Promotion in Public Health
- Monitoring & evaluation for Health Services Improvement
- Management Strategies in Public Health
Admission requirementsTo be considered for admission, applicants must meet the following minimum
- Candidates must be in possession of a 360 credits qualification at NQF level 7 or equivalent in any cognate discipline.
- A minimum of three years working experience in the health or welfare sector is required.
- A candidate may be admitted in terms of RPL with relevant experience, in accordance with Rule A.2.1.4 and approval of Senate.
- Additional supporting documents may be required by the University from time to time.
- Selection - As only a limited number of students can be admitted to the programme, applicants will be subject to a selection procedure.
How to applyApplications should be submitted to Ms Maryam Salie by email at email@example.com.
Applications must include a current CV, a motivation letter, certified copies of academic records (degree and transcript), and a writing sample, which may include a published article, a research paper or a thesis.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION TO THE PROGRAMME IS 30 JUNE 2021
- The bursaries will be awarded to the financially needy (i.e., those whose combined household family income is less or equal to R350 000 per annum), living with a disability or exceptional academic achievers.
- An application for a bursary must also be accompanied by an application for admission to the programme, as explained above.
- The application for a bursary and admission to the Postgraduate programme is directed at the Interprofessional Education Unit, addressed to Ms Maryam Salie (firstname.lastname@example.org / +27 21 959 2062)
PLEASE NOTE: THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION FOR BURSARIES IS 30 JULY 2021
Selected students for the bursary will be advised by the Interprofessional Education Unit within 3 weeks.