- managingcurriculum and academic literacy initiatives
- facilitating, monitoring and evaluating tutor training and graduate lecturing assistants in the Faculty
- facilitating and disseminating innovative pedagogical practices within departments in the Faculty, including using emerging technologies in teaching and learning
- facilitating the embeddingof disciplinary and Faculty graduate attributes in the academic programme, and monitoring how these are incorporated into Teaching and Learning activities and assessment tasks
- initiating and implementing professional staff development in the area of Teaching and Learning through consultation with academic departments and staff
- conducting research into the barriers to learning and developing strategies to address these
- monitoring student evaluations and ensuring follow up on recommendations for improved practice
- promoting the scholarship of Teaching & Learning in the Faculty by publishing, as well as collaborating with academics in the Faculty to publish in the field of Teaching & Learning
- facilitating an understanding of local, regional and international practices, and encouraging inter-institutional collaboration
- other related duties as assigned by the Dean/Deputy Dean: Teaching and Learning.
Further information about this position can be obtained from the Deputy Dean of Teaching and Learning: Prof. Tamara Shefer on tel. +27 21 959 3360 or email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Forward your covering letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae, accompanied by the names and full contact particulars (i.e. e-mail & postal addresses, telephone & cell numbers) of at least three contactable referees, together with copies of your ID and highest qualification, to: Ms Janap Baatjies, Human Resources Department, University of the Western Cape, Private Bag X17, Bellville 7535, or via e-mail to email@example.com (fax: +27 21 959 1513, tel: +27 21 959 3551).
In line with the University’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, applications from designated groups will be given priority consideration. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to make an appointment at a lower level.