UWC SPORT COACHING VACANCIES
Hockey coaches are invited to apply for the following coaching position for 2018:
Men’s 1st Team Coach
Each candidate shall be required to meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for shortlisting:
Each candidate shall be required to meet the following minimum requirements in order to be
considered for shortlisting:
1. Applicable Hockey Coaching qualification. (Endorsed by provincial/national federation)
plus 3 years coaching experience or 8 years playing experience at first team level
2. Proficiency in English
3. It would be advantageous to have a valid driver’s license.
4. Thorough knowledge of hockey structure and policies of SAHA, WP Hockey Association.
5. Nature of work requires after hours and weekend duties/responsibilities
6. Willingness to develop his/her coaching skills further through courses and workshops
7. Computer Literacy
8. Basic first aid qualification
9. Foreign candidates must have valid passport/VISA/work permit.
- Design and Implementation of progressive coaching sessions.
- Appoint his/her technical team including a Team Captain
- Submit semester and event specific reports to the Sports Administrator
- Work closely with other coaches to ensure synergy between his/her team and other teams within the Club
- Responsible for the recruitment and retention activities.
- To ensure he/she selects the best possible players to form a team and maintain a transparent process of team selection
- To be a positive role model to players and other coaching staff
- Work closely with the team manager to keep record of all equipment and report any damage/loss to the Sports Administrator
- Active involvement in any of the UWC Hockey programmes as requested by the Hockey administrator.
- Ensure that discipline is upheld in the team and carry out disciplinary sanctions where necessary.
- Supervising and organizing trials.
- Hold fortnightly meetings with the Sports Administrator to give and receive updates
- To assist in other coaching activities related to the UWC Hockey development plan.
- Must be highly organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage/communicate effectively with student-athletes and administrators
- Proficient at playing and training players in the game of hockey
- Highly efficient at handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent planning and strategizing abilities
- Leadership attributes.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are requested to send their CV with a cover letter; Nadia Mgulwa: email@example.com.
Applications close on Thursday, 14th December 2017.