UWC SPORT COACHING VACANCIES
Hockey coaches are invited to apply for the following coaching positions for 2017:
• Hockey Men’s 1st team
• Hockey ladies 2nd team
Each candidate shall be required to meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for shortlisting:
• Hockey coaching qualification (Endorsed by provincial/national federation) plus 3 years coaching experience or 8 years playing experience at first team level
• Proficiency in English
• It would be advantageous to have a code 8 drivers licence
• Thorough knowledge of hockey structure and policies in South Africa
• Basic first aid qualification
• Ability to work after hours and over weekends
• Ability to travel with teams for out of town fixtures
• Ability to travel with teams for USSA tournaments in July/December
• Willingness to develop his/her coaching skills further through courses and workshops
• Must have basic knowledge of computer packages such as MSWord and Excel
• Foreign candidates must have valid passport/VISA/work permit.
• Design semester coaching program for UWC Hockey
• Conduct coaching sessions as per the coaching program
• Appoint his/her technical team including a Team Captain
• Submit semester and event specific reports to the Sports Administrator
• Work closely with other coaches to ensure synergy between his/her team and other teams within the Club
• Design a community outreach/development program for the hockey
• Assist senior players and volunteers in the implementation of outreach/development programs
• Advise the Sports Administrator with regards to procurement of equipment and delivery deadlines
• Keep records of all equipment and report any damage/loss to the Sports Administrator
• Provide management and administrative assistance to the Sports Administrator and the Club
• Ensure that discipline is upheld in the team and carry out disciplinary sanctions where necessary.
• Hold fortnightly meetings with the Sports Administrator to give and receive updates
The Coach will report to the Club’s Sports Administrator and shall be expected to work for at least a minimum of twelve hours per week, excluding traveling.
TO APPLY – submit a CV with a covering letter to: Nadia Mgulwa: email@example.com before/by 15 January 2017.