Annual Open Day
A highlight on UWC’s Annual calendar is an event managed by the Student Enrolment Management Unit (SEMU), the UWC Annual Open Day.
The Annual Open Day sees the entire UWC community rally together as the university prepares to welcome more than ten thousand (10 000) visitors to the campus.
Welcoming various guests to the annual event, the UWC’s Annual Open Day is a celebration of the university’s community, culture, and its remarkable study programmes. Aimed at building awareness and showcasing why UWC is ‘an amazing place of study’, we encourage all prospective students, their parent's and guardians, and anyone else interested in studying at or learning more about the University of the Western Cape, to visit our next Annual Open Day.
Keep checking back for dates and more details to come.
What to expect at the UWC Annual Open Day?
- You will have the opportunity to meet staff and students from all seven (7) faculties
- You will be able to ask any and as many questions about a specific study programme
- You will be able to get a feel for the staff, the UWC culture, and the community
- You will be able to listen to what the current and past students have to say about their experiences; what the university has to offer by way of various programmes; and obtain unique feedback on their faculty
- You will be able to find out more about costing, fee structures, and payment plan options at the university
- You will acquire detailed information about your programme(s) of choice including; admission and selection requirements; academic & psycho-social support; career opportunities after graduation; graduate fairs, and so on...
- You will have the opportunity to visit the facilities; their lecture rooms and lecture theatres, laboratories, computer labs, library, cafeterias and various sports facilities
- You will learn how to apply online, and what supplementary documents are required to complete your application
- You will get information pertaining to detailed closing dates for applications; when to expect a reply to your application; how the selection process works and various orientation programmes
- You will be able to visit the Bursary and Financial Aid Office and chat with the staff about the UWC merit bursary and other opportunities
- The Student Residence Department will be available to tell you all about the UWC community and other private accommodation that UWC has to offer. You will also get to hear about the plans for a new 2700-bed modern student residence
- You will be able to meet with UWC students from different sport and student organisations
- You will also be able to find out more about the UWC work-study programme which allows students to work and ‘earn’ money whilst studying
- The most important objective of the University of the Western Cape Annual Open Day is to get a ‘feel’ for the community, as well staff and fellow students and to be able to see if the UWC is the right fit for you as a place to further your studies, and assist with laying a foundation for your future.