Please be advised that the Financial Aid Office and Finance department met last week to finalise the process of disbursing allowances to qualifying students, including new first years who needed to be confirmed. These efforts are being made as the university finalises the payment schedule with NSFAS.
This update was provided to the SRC during a briefing meeting convened last Friday.
The allowances will be paid from this week, and students should continue checking their cellphone messages.
Please note the following information:
- New 1st year students are encouraged to communicate directly with the ICS Department regarding the process of applying for laptops by emailing email@example.com
- We encourage new and continuing students whose funding response from NSFAS has not been positive to use the ongoing appeals process on the website - www.nsfas.org.za
- The 2021 refund process is still ongoing, and we, therefore, request students to be patient as the Office is receiving a huge number of requests from parents and students.
- The 1st year merit award process is automated and this will be communicated to all students who meet the requirements.
- The senior merit award process will be looked at during the second semester, and this will be communicated via UWC Communication.
- Students funded by NSFAS will unfortunately not be eligible to claim any credit balances on their fee statements unless they have made a deposit themselves.
- Students funded by NSFAS and other bursars (depending on the conditions) are not allowed to claim any refund.
NSFAS address www.nsfas.org.za – NSFAS Call centre number 0800 067 327
We wish you all the best. You can count on our support during the 2022 journey and beyond.