Mission And VisionOur vision is to provide innovative programmes in Computer Science, in order empowering our graduates to advance the quality of life in Africa. Our mission is:
- To produce leading and visionary computer professionals at the cutting edge of Information and communications technologies (ICTs);
- To provide world-class quality and relevant research programmes in ICTs;
- To provide academic support for students from under-represented groups and opportunities for Life Long Learning (LLL);
- To foster co-operative relationships with industry and educational institutions;
- To empower disadvantaged communities through the transfer of ICT skills;
- To utilise democratic, transparent and accountable management practices.
GoalsOur goals are to produce graduates that will bring vibrant research ideas, products, and skills into the marketplace with them. Our graduate programme has been progressively revised away from superficial subject treatment to more in-depth training. By establishing prior requisites between modules, we identified a core set of subjects that are taught and emphasised in the undergraduate program.
We continue to pursue exceptional standards of innovation and excellence. As such, we are to produce graduates that can develop and advance the computing industry and computing technologies in Africa; to increase the graduate student component of the department, and to continue to enhance the teaching and research capacity of staff.