The capacity building programmes and activities of Fair Share are founded on the understanding that successful communities require knowledgeable, active and assertive CSO's and elected local representatives. Thus, Fair Share's quest to design and implement programmes that:
- Increase understanding of local governance.
- Improve the understanding of communities with new regard to municipal planning and budgeting processes.
- Improve the participation of various stakeholders in local governance processes.
- Facilitate community networks to develop and strengthen their advocacy strategies.
- Provide research and information support to community organisations, and
- The above objectives are purposefully pursued through structured activities to allow Fair Share to realise its vision and mission.